Recipe by pink cook
I tried this good recipe which is a replica of the salad served in the Outback Steakhouse. It is delicious. Enjoy it.
- 2 cups butter or 2 cups bibb lettuce
- 2 cups red leaf lettuce
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons candied pecans, halves chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and drain well lettuce leaves and chop them into small bite-sized pieces. Slice the green onion and set aside.
- Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Place the chopped lettuce into a serving bowl large enough to allow you to toss the salad. Add the vinaigrette and toss thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with the chopped green onions and blue cheese crumbles.
- Add chopped candied cinnamon pecan halves and sprinkle them over the salad, if you like.