Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
People who aren't real fans of blue cheese seem to enjoy this tangy dressing. It's refreshing and the flavors blend well, whether you serve it over lettuce or fresh spinach.
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2-1 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- torn salad greens, and vegetables of your choice
- In a blender or food processor, combine the vinegar, sugar, 1/2 cup blue cheese, onion, mustard, garlic and salt.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- While processong, gradually add oil in a steady stream until dressing is thickened.
- Stir in remaining blue cheese if desired.
- Serve over salad.
- Cover and fefrigerate leftover dressing.
Yum! Served this over spinach leaves and strawberries... =0 Really tangy and flavorful. A wonderful recipe that is in my cookbook for keeps! Thanks for posting. =)
Very good, would recomend using all the blue cheese, and maybe some pepper. But then, I served this to Blue Cheese lovers.