Recipe by Bilette
I'm not sure where this recipe originally came from. My MIL had always makes them for Christmas dinner. Even people who don't like Blue Cheese love these potatoes. They are great the next day too.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub potatoes with shortening.
- Bake at 400 for 1 hour til soft.
- Cook bacon til crisp and crumble.
- Cut potatoes in 1/2 lenthwise
- Scoop out inside of each.
- Mash the potatoes.
- Add sour cream, blue cheese, milk, margarine, salt and pepper.
- Beat with mixer until fluffy.
- Spoon potato mixture lightly into shells.
- Sprinkle with bacon.
- Place on baking sheet and return to oven.
- Bake 15 minutes or until heated through.