Recipe by Cinnamon Turtle
Tender, juicy portobello mushrooms topped with luscious blue cheese on a bed of peppery arugula. Lovely for summer grilling. From Vegetarian Times.
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, large
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk, low-fat
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, reduced fat
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 8 cups arugula
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush gill grates with oil and preheat grill to medium.
- Whisk together olive oil and vinegar in bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and brush all over mushroom caps. Place caps on grill, and cook 15 to 18 minutes, or until tender. Transfer to a cutting board to cool slightly before slicing.
- Process garlic in food processor until minced. Add buttermilk, blue cheese, and mayonnaise; process until creamy. Stir in chives.
- Divide arugula among plates. Top with portobellos, tomatoes, and sauce.