Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
These make a great appetizer to pair with sparkling white wine. Sweet and savory! Prep and cook time do not include the 2 hour chilling time.
- 2 (4 ounce) packages blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄3 cup cherry preserves
- Beat blue cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add flour, poppy seeds, and red pepper, beating just until combined.
- Roll dough into 3/4 inch round balls; cover and chill 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange balls on an ungreased baking sheet and press your thumb into each ball of dough, leaving an indentation.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Place about 1/4 tsp of cherry preserves in each indentation.
These were unusual and delicious. I made them for a small reception and they were enjoyed very much.
Absolutely wonderful! I made exactly as written; loved the tang of the blue cheese with the bite of the cayenne pepper, and the sweetness of the cherry preserves! Perfect! Made for Summer Photo Tag 2012.
Yummm, this is the type of dish I could eat all night and day! I cut the recipe in half and I did not add the poppy seeds for personal reasons. I made half of them with the cherry preserves and the other half with a green pepper jelly. BOTH were very tasty! These would be good during the holidays. Thanks for posting, breezermom. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.