Recipe by CindiJ
Found this on the Land 'o Lakes site and thought it sounded good enough to try this holiday season.
Top Review by sweetmomof5
I made this for a Christmas tea and everyone loved it! It's very festive looking with the parsley and roasted red peppers on top. It's very unique and surprisingly delicious! I used store bought dough and pushed it into the tart pan, plus I used extra everything- more pinenuts, peppers, parsley plus a touch of seasoning salt. It's a keeper!!
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml cold land o lakes butter, cut into chunks
- 59.16-73.94 ml ice water
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 78.07 ml crumbled blue cheese
- 59.14 ml whipping cream
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1.23 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 78.07 ml chopped roasted red pepper
- 44.37 ml lightly toasted pine nuts or 44.37 ml your favorite chopped nuts
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F Place flour in large bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in water with fork until flour is just moistened. Shape into a ball. Roll out pastry on lightly floured surface into 12-inch circle.
- Place into 9 or 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom or pie pan; press firmly on bottom and up sides of pan. Cut away excess pastry; prick all over with fork. Bake for 17 to 22 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese and blue cheese in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Continue beating, gradually adding whipping cream, egg and ground pepper until blended. Spread into baked pastry. Sprinkle with roasted red pepper, pine nuts and parsley.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set. Let stand 20 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges. Cover; store refrigerated.