Prep 30 mins
Cook 37 mins
Found this on the Land 'o Lakes site and thought it sounded good enough to try this holiday season.
Make and share this Blue Cheese Tart recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cold land o lakes butter, cut into chunks
- 4 -5 tablespoons ice water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 3 tablespoons lightly toasted pine nuts or 3 tablespoons your favorite chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 375°F Place flour in large bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in water with fork until flour is just moistened. Shape into a ball. Roll out pastry on lightly floured surface into 12-inch circle.
- Place into 9 or 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom or pie pan; press firmly on bottom and up sides of pan. Cut away excess pastry; prick all over with fork. Bake for 17 to 22 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese and blue cheese in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Continue beating, gradually adding whipping cream, egg and ground pepper until blended. Spread into baked pastry. Sprinkle with roasted red pepper, pine nuts and parsley.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set. Let stand 20 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges. Cover; store refrigerated.
I made this for a Christmas tea and everyone loved it! It's very festive looking with the parsley and roasted red peppers on top. It's very unique and surprisingly delicious! I used store bought dough and pushed it into the tart pan, plus I used extra everything- more pinenuts, peppers, parsley plus a touch of seasoning salt. It's a keeper!!