1/1 Photo of Blue Cheese Stuffed Pork Loin Chops
This recipe occurred to me because I love blue cheese melted over a thick juicy beefsteak . . . why wouldn't it taste yummy with pork as well ? I have used both Roquefort as well as Gorgonzola, both work equally well. Measurements are estimates, as they will depend on the size of your chops.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1With a sharp knife, make a horizontal slit in one of the wide sides of each chop but do not cut completely through to any of the other sides.
- 2Use the knife, your finger, or the handle portion of a wooden spoon to expand the void in the chop as large as possible.
- 3The goal is to make a pocket for the cheese (picture a coin purse, where only the top is open).
- 4Use as much of the cheese as is necessary to fill the pocket.
- 5Secure with toothpicks in such a way that the chops will still lay levelly in a pan.
- 6Heat olive oil in a saute pan.
- 7Make several slices through the garlic yet keeping each clove intact.
- 8Fry in the oil till brown but not burned, then remove from pan.
- 9Season chops with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- 10Brown the chops in the oil on each side.
- 11The cheese will probably begin to melt and leak from the chop, but don't worry about this.
- 12When chops are well browned, add the wine (as much as necessary to come about halfway up the sides of the chops) to the saute pan, cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until they are cooked through.
- 13Remove them from pan directly to dinner plate.
- 14Stir the cheese that has leaked out from the chops well into the wine and cooking juices, still over the heat, until you have a well-incorporated sauce.
- 15This should only take a moment.
- 16Serve sauce over the chops immediately, and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Cheese Stuffed Pork Loin Chops
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.3
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 130.2 mg
- Sodium 210.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 41.9 g