Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
i havent tried it yet but it looks deliouse!!!!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- Shape beef into 8 patties, about 4 inches in diameter and 1/4 inch thick.
- Combine cheeses, parsley, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and salt in small bowl; toss gently to blend.
- Mound 1/4 cheese mixture on each of 4 patties (about 3 tablespoons per patty). Top with remaining 4 patties; pinch edges of patties to seal completely. Set aside.
- Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add pepper strips; cook and stir until edges of peppers begin to brown. Sprinkle with salt. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add beef patties to same skillet; cook on medium-high 5 minutes. Turn patties; top with peppers. Cook 4 minutes to medium (160°F) or to desired doneness.
Delicious recipe!! I did not have peppers to complete the recipe but enjoyed the stuffing and the total taste just as much. I used 1/2 ground turkey meat and 1/2 ground beef. Thanks from my husband as well!
*Made for PAC Fall 2007* This is a very good burger. I had a sharp white cheddar I used with the blue cheese and it was a great combo. The red pepper strips sound like they don't quite fit into this recipe, but they do! Please don't leave them out. I would make these again. Nick's Mom