Really delicious & a bit different.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (453.59 g) package mushrooms
- 118.29 ml blue cheese, crumbled
- 59.14 ml walnuts, chopped fine
- 59.14 ml apple, peeled and chopped fine
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 29.58 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 14.79 ml fresh sage, minced
- 44.37 ml sherry wine or 44.37 ml white wine or 44.37 ml good beer
- 14.79 ml butter
- 0.25 ml salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Carefully cut out the stems and center of each mushroom and chop the insides finely. Heat the butter to a skillet over medium heat to melt. Add the onions, garlic, apple, sage, sherry and chopped mushroom stems and cook until the mixture is translucent. Separately combine blue cheese, walnuts & applesauce in a bowl. Add the cooked ingredients to the cheese mixture w/ salt and pepper and mix well.
- 3Place mushroom caps on lightly greased cookie sheet(s) and fill each cap with he mixture, mounding if necessary.
- 4Bake for about 20 minutes or until the mushrooms darken and soften slightly.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms W/ Apple, Walnuts & Sage
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.4
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 176.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt & fresh ground pepper