Recipe by Deadheadie
I usually use reduced fat cream cheese, and reduced fat blue cheese to keep the calories and fat down. Also for a quick fix you can use chive and onion variety cream cheese. ( They also make light.)
- 1 lb white field mushroom cap, stemed
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 green onions, chopped (just greens)
- 2 slices bacon, crisped & crumbled fine
- 1⁄8 cup crumbled reduced-fat blue cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Wash the mushrooms and remove the stems from caps. Place on a paper towel to dry.
- In a small bowl mix together the cream cheese, green onion, bacon pieces, and blue cheese.
- Stuff all mushrooms with about 1/2 a tablespoon, or less, cheese mixture.
- Transfer all mushrooms to a shallow baking dish and bake for aproximately 20-25 min (very light brown on top).