Recipe by iris5555
I bought some lovely fingerling potatoes at the farmers' market and in looking for a different recipe for them, found this on-line on a potato growers' website.
Top Review by GaylaJ
Wonderful, wonderful! I took a shortcut, and rather than brushing the potatoes with oil, I just lined them up on a baking pan, drizzled olive oil over them, sprinkled with kosher salt and freshly-ground pepper, then tossed everything with my hands until evenly distributed. I'm sure I used a lot more oil this way, but... oh well. :) I subbed finely chopped green onions for the chives. These went perfectly with our steaks--thanks for posting the recipe!
- 8 fingerling potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Wash potatoes in cool water, pat dry, and brush with olive oil.
- Place potatoes in a glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake in center of oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and tender. (Mine took longer.)
- Remove from oven, and with a knife cut an X on the top of each potato.
- Gently squeeze sides of potatoes until centers spread out to form a small well.
- Stuff a small amount of blue cheese, bacon and green onion into the well of each potato.
- Serve immediately.