Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a Diabetic publication by Better Homes and Gardens.
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, finely chopped
- 2 slices bacon, cooked crispy, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, toasted (see note)
- 3 heads Belgian endive (36 leaves)
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, blue cheese, scallion, bacon and nuts.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons of the cheese mixture into each endive leaf.
- Note-to toast the nuts, preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake nuts on a cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes, until golden brown, stirring twice. Cool slightly.
REALYY enjoyed this, TRUE!
Substituted a blue cheese spread too!
GREAT combination, makes GREAT presentation too!
From me, this is a WHOO HOO!