1/1 Photo of Blue Cheese Stuffed Chicken With Cajun Ranch Corn Sauce #RSC
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. I like this recipe because of the combination of blue cheese and the spice of the Cajun seasoning. Using Ranch dressing in the sauce adds more seasoning flavors to the sauce. The sauce is not smooth but I choose to process the ingredients to get the sweet flavor of the corn spread through the sauce. Some items will be cooking at the the same time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 2 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 4 (566.99-680.38 g) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6.16 ml salt
- 59.14 ml blue cheese
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 29.58 ml water
- 236.59 ml seasoned bread crumbs
- 177.44 ml frozen corn
- 118.29 ml milk
- 118.29 ml Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 9.85 ml cajun seasoning
- 9.85 ml butter
- 14.79 ml chopped pimiento
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon oil in an 8- inch skillet on medium high heat. Add sliced shallots to hot oil; reduce heat to medium and sauté until tender. Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon to a small bowl.
- 3Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper and using a meat mallet pound each breast to a thickness of 1/4-inch. Sprinkle 3/4 teaspoon salt over the 4 chicken breasts. Sprinkle half of each breast with 1 tablespoon blue cheese and equal portions cooked shallots. Fold uncovered half of breast over blue cheese.
- 4Put flour in a plate. In a wide bowl, whisk egg and water until frothy. Put bread crumbs on a plate. Holding stuffed breast together, dredge both sides of each breast in flour, then dip in egg, let excess egg drip off breast. Coat each breast with bread crumbs.
- 5Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Pan fry chicken for 2 to 3 minutes per side until brown. Transfer skillet to oven, bake 8 to 10 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 6Cook corn, milk, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in the 8-inch skillet on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 7Place corn mixture, Ranch dressing, and Cajun seasoning in a food processor. Pulse several times until well blended and corn has broken down (texture will not be smooth because of texture of the corn). Return corn mixture to skillet stir in butter and keep warm until ready to serve.
- 8Place a breast on each serving plate, top with corn sauce and sprinkle with pimento.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Cheese Stuffed Chicken With Cajun Ranch Corn Sauce #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 819.7
- Calories from Fat 386
- Total Fat 42.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 209.5 mg
- Sodium 1965.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 45.9 g