Chef #827569's Note:
I found this in a Cooking Light magazine. Haven't tried it yet, but it sounds amazing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 tablespoons roasted red peppers, finely chopped (drained from the bottle)
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 11. Preheat oven to 350.
- 22. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff cheese mixture evenly into pockets.
- 33. Place flour in a shallow dish. Combine milk and egg in a shallow dish, stirring well with a whisk. Place panko in a shallow dish. Working with 1 chicken breast at a time, dredge chicken in flour, then dip in egg mixture; dredge in panko. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken, flour, egg mixture, and panko.
- 44. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter to pan; swirl until butter melts. Arrange chicken in pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken over; place skillet in oven. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until done.
- 55. While chicken bakes, combine remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, bell peppers, water, Worcestershire, and garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer; cook until butter melts. Remove from heat, and stir in hot sauce. Serve sauce with chicken.
Browse Our Top High Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All High Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Cheese-Stuffed Chicken With Buffalo Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.9
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 177.7 mg
- Sodium 802.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 49.4 g