Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this in a Cooking Light magazine. Haven't tried it yet, but it sounds amazing.
Make and share this Blue Cheese-Stuffed Chicken With Buffalo Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 tablespoons roasted red peppers, finely chopped (drained from the bottle)
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 350.
- 2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff cheese mixture evenly into pockets.
- 3. Place flour in a shallow dish. Combine milk and egg in a shallow dish, stirring well with a whisk. Place panko in a shallow dish. Working with 1 chicken breast at a time, dredge chicken in flour, then dip in egg mixture; dredge in panko. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken, flour, egg mixture, and panko.
- 4. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter to pan; swirl until butter melts. Arrange chicken in pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken over; place skillet in oven. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until done.
- 5. While chicken bakes, combine remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, bell peppers, water, Worcestershire, and garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer; cook until butter melts. Remove from heat, and stir in hot sauce. Serve sauce with chicken.