Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
for those cooking on the run: easy and delicious chicken. honestly, blue cheese and chicken is such a tantalizing combination.!
- 120 g dried apricots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, halved
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 sprig thyme
- preheat 375 oven.
- mix apricots, parsley, garlic and cheese in small bowl.
- loosen the skin of chicken breasts and stuff cheese mixture underneath (don't worry, a small rip won't ruin the dish:o).
- press the skin down.
- wrap each breast half with 2 slices of bacon.
- with sprigs of thyme.
- butter/spray baking dish.
- bake about 40 minutes.
You have a great recipe here. The apricots were a great addition to the bleu cheese and garlic. Such a wonderful combination. This is a recipe that you can put together and hold in the refrigerator until cooking time. We loved this, and I just added it to my T&T cookbook. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Very easy and extremely flavourful. A very elegant meal in no time flat. I think the prep time was well under 10 minutes. I used, SKINLESS boneless breasts - put the stuffing in the middle of each breast, folded the edges and tied it up with bacon - secured with a few toothpicks. It was worked very well. This is a rich dish - even without the skin. asj
Had no blue cheese so substituted Fetta. Very good!!