Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
All of the taste of buffalo chicken wings in a meatloaf. It goes together quickly, and my husband and I really enjoyed it. This is another recipe from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped (optional)
- 3 carrots, peeled and finely chopped (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce, divided (ex -- Frank's Red Hot)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbles
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Over medium heat, sauteed the onion, celery and carrots in the olive oil for 5-8 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Add the garlic and continue stirring for an additional 2 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken, 1/2 cup wing sauce, egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Add the cooled vegetables. Mix gently.
- Coat a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place half of the chicken mixture on the baking sheet and pat into a rectangle. Top evenly with cheese. Add the rest of the meat, covering the cheese and forming a loaf.
- Stir the remaining 1/2 cup wing sauce and honey. Brush over the meat loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour or until cooked through. Let cool slightly before slicing.
this was very good. i made it as posted, but the next time i will eliminate both the celery and carrots, use panko bread crumbs and cut the garlic in 1/2 and also eliminate the honey. but there will be a next time!!!