Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I got this recipe from the marlboro cookbook.YUMMY
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce, like tabasco
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces blue cheese, cut in 6 pieces
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted
- roasted red pepper (from a jar)
- 6 portabella mushrooms, grilled
- Pre heat grill to med-high heat.
- combine beef,onion,hot sauce,honey,garlic salt,red pepper flakes and pepper in large bowl.
- mix well.
- divide into 6 portions;form into patties around the blue cheese.
- grill 8-10 mins or until done.
- place patties on buns and top with roasted peppers and mushrooms.
These are very good and different when you want something other than a plain ol' burger. I only had crumbled bleu cheese but I mixed it in with the meat and they turned out fine. A really interesting mix of flavors that I won't hesitate to make again!
Wow! These are really something different and delicious even for those of us who don't like things too spicy. I can't explain it, but it was like eating potato chips--I kept wanting more and more bites. I omitted the red pepper flakes and used just a dash of black pepper. To make them extra decadent, I crumbled the blue cheese and mixed it with softened butter first, formed it into a log and chilled before cutting into slices to put in the center of the burgers (got this idea from Paul Deen on the Foodtv Network). Again, wow! Thank you for posting this unusual recipe, koala03.