Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My own blue cheese spread...you can use it with crackers and/or veggies for a flavorful appetizer. Bake on slices of baguette for a tasy crostini. Place inside burgers before baking or just spread it on the bun. The cranberries are optional but add a slight bit of sweetness and very pretty color.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese, cold
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Blend cream cheese, mayo and Worcestershire sauce until soft and smooth.
- Mix in walnuts and cranberries, if using.
- Gently fold in blue cheese, breaking the chunks up as little as possible.
Very tasty, with a nice tang! I used Neufchâtel cheese and Gorgonzola, toasted my walnuts, and doubled all ingredients except the Worchestershire sauce. Made for the My-3-Chefs 2013 Event, for my Oh Sooo Blue! theme.