Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
Simple spread for crackers, stuffed into celery, or spread on apples.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients together and mix well.
- Serve with crackers, celery or apple.
Love, Love, Love this recipe...I've been making a similar recipe for years. I use White Zinfandel instead of Sherry. Finely chopped Leeks instead of Shallots. (love shallots though) I also add garlic powder. (Fresh garlic is too strong and fights with the blue cheese.) Definitely try shallots over scallions. Just makes for a much smoother taste. Thanks for posting the recipe. I will be making this for the holiday weekend & will use shallots this time. Can't wait.
Everyone loved this. Didn't have shallot, so used green onion. It was yummy. Thanks.
I couldnt find the shallots at any store here but just made it without. I served this in celery stalks as part of the relish tray for Thanksgiving dinner. So simple and delish! My MIL and MOM both enjoyed this. The leftover spread I will enjoy on bagels for breakfast this next week.