Recipe by Derf
Lovely presentation and great taste. from low carb cooking
Top Review by *Cindy*
Wonderful! Picky eater husband LOVED it!! Used fat free cream chees(still very creamy) and fresh spinach as we prefer fresh if possible. Basted with a little chicken broth towards the end of cooking and VOILA!!! Really yummy!Going to try with ground turkey and roll up like jelly roll.
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs frozen boneless turkey breast, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 ounces blue cheese or 2 ounces feta cheese
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees, coat roasting pan and rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unroll turkey breast; rinse and pat dry.
- Place between 2 sheets of plastic wrap.
- Pound turkey breast with flat side of meat mallet to create even piece about 1 inch thick.
- Remove and discard skin from one side of turkey breast; turn meat over so skin side faces down.
- Combine spinach, blue cheese, cream cheese, green onions, mustard, basil and oregano in medium bowl, mix well.
- Spread evenly over turkey breast.
- Roll up turkey so skin side is on top.
- Secure with tooth picks if necessary.
- Carefully place turkey breast on rack; sprinkle with pepper and paprika.
- Roast 1 1/2 hours or until no longer pink in centre of breast.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before removing skin and slicing.
- Cut into 1/4 inch slices.