Recipe by Samantha in Ut
I love this even the next day. It is quick to make and is a regular in our house.
Top Review by Paris D
We toasted the walnuts first. We also used Egg Beaters instead of eggs and fat-free mozzerella - this cut out about 150 calories per serving. It was delicious! Next time, I think we'll add another garlic clove.
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 283.49 g package fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 8 eggs or 473.18 ml egg substitute
- 354.88 ml shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 236.59 ml crumbled blue cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 59.14 ml chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onion and garlic over medium heat for 3 minutes or until tender. Remove from the skillet. Add spinach to skillet in batches, cooking for 1 minute or until wilted. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs/egg substitute until frothy. Stir in the onion mixture, cooked spinach, mozzarella, blue cheese, tomatoes and nuts. Place in a 10-in. ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.