Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A 30 Minute Meal recipe from Rachael Ray. Blue cheese, bacon and pasta...what's not to love?!?!
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup cream or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 8 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 chopped arugula
- Put a large pot of water on the stove to bring to a boil for pasta.
- Preheat medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped bacon and cook until crisp.
- Salt water for pasta and add spaghetti to the pot. Cook to al dente, with a bite to it.
- Remove bacon to paper towel lined plate with a slotted spoon and drain off most of the fat, return pan to heat and reduce heat to medium. Add extra-virgin olive oil, and 1 tablespoon butter. When butter melts into extra-virgin olive oil, add in garlic and the shallots, saute for 3 minutes.
- To the garlic and shallots, add in flour and cook a minute more. Whisk in stock, bring to a bubble, about 30 seconds then stir in the cream. When cream comes to a bubble, add in blue cheese and a few grinds of black pepper. Stir until cheese melts. Reduce heat to lowest setting.
- Drain pasta and toss with sauce to coat and combine evenly. Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Scatter the arugula and bacon bits across the top of the pasta.
Great meal. Made this for two and we loved the flavors.
this was good but very rich, I omitted the bacon, didn't think it needed it, my DH enjoyed this dish, thank you for sharing Kel!
This was easy and delicious. I just made it for the second time with Gorgonzola-so tasty! I served it with egg noodles because that's what I had, and they worked very well. My husband loved it too! It ended up being very creamy. I used smaller amounts of butter and oil, and used rice milk instead of cream-you'd never know!