Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I saw this on Emeril Live and think it's a really great slaw! Love those chunks of Blue Cheese. This is really good with barbecue or on pulled pork sandwiches.
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup blue cheese
- 2 cups shredded white cabbage
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the oil and vinegar together.
- Add the shallots and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper, whisk well.
- Fold in the blue cheese and continue to whisk until well blended.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cabbages and onion.
- Add the dressing and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the parsley and mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
This is a great slaw! I was a bit skeptical because I usually like creamy dressings on my slaw, but I liked the sound of the blue cheese! This viniagrette was easy to prepare and really was a great flavor on the cabbage. I didn't use all the dressing (I don't think I had as much cabbage as the recipe called for), so I'm saving it for salads! Thanks for posting this.