Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tasty sauce to top beef or chicken.
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon white wine or 1 tablespoon chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 dash pepper sauce
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended.
- Gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add blue cheese, wine or chicken broth, white pepper and pepper sauce.
- Heat through.
- Serve sauce over meat.
VERY tasty - as I used roquefort cheese for the blue cheese, it had a strong flavour and was perfect, we loved this sauce! I used almond milk for the milk which was great with the roquefort. Really excellent sauce over turkey cutlets and rice. Thanks for sharing!
Made for Make My Recipe Reunion Game / AUS/NZ Forum
A delightful cheesy sauce. I always follow a recipe, at least for the first time, today when I had made it I felt that the blue cheese only gave a hint of flavor so added another 1/4 cup of the cheese, the result was great, thanks so much for posting