Recipe by Hey Jude
Cole slaw doesn't get any easier than this! This recipe is originally from Anne Byrn (The Dinner Doctor) but I found it in the Chicago Tribune. The only changes I made were to up the amounts of blue cheese and walnuts because I just love that combination of flavors.
Top Review by ellie_
Delicious and so easy! I wanted to use 1/2 of cabbage (which I shredded myself) I had in the refrig and thought this would be perfect and it was! I also chopped the apples and used blue cheese cut into small pieces (instead of the pre-crumbled) with a bit less of the dressing than called for with wonderful results. Thanks for sharing this keeper salad recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces
- 1 medium apple, peeled and cored
- 1⁄2 cup bottled ranch salad dressing
- 1⁄3 cup pre-crumbled blue cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place walnut pieces on a rimmed baking sheet and bake them in a pre-heated 350° oven until they begin to darken, 5-7 minutes (watch carefully).
- Meanwhile, coarsely grate apple on a grater, using the larger holes. You should have about 1 cup.
- Place ranch dressing and blue cheese in a large serving bowl. Stir to combine and mash the blue cheese a bit to incorporate it into the dressing. Add coleslaw mix and grated apple and stir to coat well with the dressing. Season with black pepper to taste. Just before serving, sprinkle the toasted walnuts on top of the slaw.