Recipe by Mini Ravindran
Watch this classic potato casserole take on new taste by adding blue cheese.
Top Review by Mille®
The sauce mixture turned out thicker than I expected, and so I had to spread it on the potatoes rather than pour it. I used Feta cheese with a couple of herbs and spices becuase it has much less sodium than bleu cheese. Final product was very tasty indeed.
- 8 medium potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the oven to 375.
- Boil the potatoes.
- Allow to coolslightly and dice.
- Place in a casserole dish.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Whisk in the milk and cream.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Whisk in the cheese until blended.
- Pour over the potatoes.
- Top with the breadcrumbs and bake for 25 minutes.