Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 green onions, minced
- 2⁄3 cup chopped celery
- Boil or steam potatoes until tender; drain; cool slightly.
- Peel and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Add wine, season and toss to coat.
- Combine all remaining ingredients, adjust seasoning; mix with potatoes.
- (can be prepared 1 day ahead, chilled. Let stand 30 minutes before serving).
Made this a day in advance knowing that the flavors would improve. I used a good Gorgonzola cheese, the amount was just right and not overpowering the salad, the celery added a nice crunch. I served this with roasted tomatoes and a steak.
No real review, yet, because my cheese was a little more "blue" than it should have been. (Yes, I left it out!) The flavor without was a little too plain, but I am sure it adds just the right punch.
I made this for *Zaar World Tour III* it was very easy to prepare. Substitutes I made were I used cream cheese instead of sour cream and grainy Dijon mustard (only ones I had at home). The dry white wine could be easily substituted with chicken broth/stock if kids were going to eat this recipe. Thank you evelyn/athens