Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I can imagine this served with a char-grilled steak topped with garlic butter. This was cut out of a 1990 Bon Appetit. Well better late than never, I have Sundays dinner menu to drool over!
- 5 lbs new potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 lb crumbled blue cheese
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped celery
- Boil or steam potatoes until tender, peel and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- In a large bowl toss the still warm potatoes with wine, salt and pepper.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix with potatoes.
Made this last weekend to bring to a friend's barbeque. Everyone raved about it! I used Roquefort cheese, since the type of bleu cheese wasn't specified. The flavor was wonderful! The salad was easy to prepare, and I will definately make this again.
I made a serving for 4 and it was great. We had a little left over for tomorrow. Served with chicken tenders.
Great creamy potato salad. I love the addition of the blue cheese. As a slight variation, i added about 2 tablespoons my favorite buffalo sauce (suicidal buffalo wing sauce from the Anchor Bar in Buffalo: www.buffalowings.com) which gives this potato salad a nice tangy kick.