Recipe by Sodak1951
Found this in Good Housekeeping, June 2008 issue. I have a husband who really likes blue cheese, but is not fond of eggs, so this one really fits him to a "T". Made it for company and everyone wanted the recipe--no one had tasted anything like it. I have used both Yukon gold and russet potatoes, can't taste much of a difference, but the fresh green beans are an absolute MUST! Enjoy.
Top Review by nascarmom
This was awesome on my initial taste test. I can't wait to see what it tastes like when the flavors come through after being refrigerated overnight. My husband said, " I am really going to like this"
- 5 lbs potatoes, Yukon gold
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces blue cheese dressing, your choice
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh dill (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add potatoes, cover and continue to boil for about 20 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- While potatoes are cooking, bring a pot of salted water to a boil, add green beans. Cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain, rinse under cool water.
- In a large bowl, stir cream cheese, dressing, mayonnaise, salt and pepper; mix well.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel, and cut into cubes or slices.
- Stir in mayonnaise mixture along with drained green beans, onion and garlic. Place sprigs of dill on top.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove dill before serving.