Battle in Seattle's Note:
A lighter, or at least a bit healthier, version of a great summer classic. From one of my favorite cookbooks, Moosewood Restaurant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups bite-sized cubed red potatoes (about two pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2-1 cup finely chopped red onions or 1/2-1 cup scallions or 1/2-1 cup chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese (i.e., Roquefort, Gorgonzola, Stilton, Danish blue or my favorite, Maytag!)
- 1Place the potatoes in a large saucepan with water to cover. Add the salt, cover, and bring to a boil; then reduce the heat to low and simmer until just tender, about 10 minutes. Drain well.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine the hot potatoes, celery, red onions, and parsley. Stir in the vinegar, oil, and pepper, and allow to cool to room temperature. Gently toss in the blue cheese. Add salt to taste.
- 3Serve immediately or chill for at least 20 minutes and serve cold.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Cheese Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.4
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 16.8 mg
- Sodium 725.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 7.9 g