Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A lighter, or at least a bit healthier, version of a great summer classic. From one of my favorite cookbooks, Moosewood Restaurant.
- 6 cups bite-sized cubed red potatoes (about two pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2-1 cup finely chopped red onions or 1⁄2-1 cup scallions or 1⁄2-1 cup chives
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese (i.e., Roquefort, Gorgonzola, Stilton, Danish blue or my favorite, Maytag!)
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan with water to cover. Add the salt, cover, and bring to a boil; then reduce the heat to low and simmer until just tender, about 10 minutes. Drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the hot potatoes, celery, red onions, and parsley. Stir in the vinegar, oil, and pepper, and allow to cool to room temperature. Gently toss in the blue cheese. Add salt to taste.
- Serve immediately or chill for at least 20 minutes and serve cold.