1/2 Photos of Blue Cheese Potato Salad
This is a potato salad you should not pass up! I made this quite a few time recently, it has quickly become a favorite in my house. There is cooling time and about 5 hours chilling time total for this salad, so plan ahead, or even better prepare a day in advance and chill the salad overnight! Prep time includes chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 lbs red potatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (use white wine, NOT white wine vinegar!)
- salt and black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (can use more)
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise (do not use salad dressing)
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 lb blue cheese, crumbled (or to taste, can use more)
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water until fork-tender; drain and cool to room temperature or cover and chill until ready to dice.
- 2When potatoes are cool, dice into about 1-inch pieces and transfer to a large bowl; carefully toss with white wine, salt and, pepper, then add in chopped green onions and chopped celery, toss again, cover and chill for 1 hour (or more).
- 3In a bowl combine mayo, sour cream, garlic powder, Dijon mustard, cider vinegar and blue cheese, then add to the potato mixture; toss to coat, cover and chill for a minimum of 4 hours (overnight is better!).
- 4If possible remove the potato salad from the fridge 30 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Cheese Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.5
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.9 mg
- Sodium 551.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 11.4 g