Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a potato salad you should not pass up! I made this quite a few time recently, it has quickly become a favorite in my house. There is cooling time and about 5 hours chilling time total for this salad, so plan ahead, or even better prepare a day in advance and chill the salad overnight! Prep time includes chilling time.
Top Review by BonnieZ
Delish. I did halve the recipe with success and to cut the fat used fat free sour cream and mayo without a problem. The wine and dijon and blue cheese were nice touches. Thank you Kittencal for sharing the recipe.
- 6 lbs red potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (use white wine, NOT white wine vinegar!)
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (can use more)
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise (do not use salad dressing)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 lb blue cheese, crumbled (or to taste, can use more)
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water until fork-tender; drain and cool to room temperature or cover and chill until ready to dice.
- When potatoes are cool, dice into about 1-inch pieces and transfer to a large bowl; carefully toss with white wine, salt and, pepper, then add in chopped green onions and chopped celery, toss again, cover and chill for 1 hour (or more).
- In a bowl combine mayo, sour cream, garlic powder, Dijon mustard, cider vinegar and blue cheese, then add to the potato mixture; toss to coat, cover and chill for a minimum of 4 hours (overnight is better!).
- If possible remove the potato salad from the fridge 30 minutes before serving.