Recipe by jovigirl
This is just fabulous! ...I love mashed potatoes with meatloaf and these are baked on top of the meatloaf and mixed with blue cheese and topped with bacon YUM!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed dried sage
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix together ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, milk, onion, salt, dry mustard, pepper, sage, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Spoon into an ungreased standard 9-inch loaf pan.
- Bake uncovered for 60 to 75 minutes, or until a meat thermometer into the center reads 150F; remove from heat and drain.
- Combine blue cheese and mashed potatoes and spread on top.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and bake for an additional 10 minutes.