Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
This is just fabulous! ...I love mashed potatoes with meatloaf and these are baked on top of the meatloaf and mixed with blue cheese and topped with bacon YUM!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed dried sage
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix together ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, milk, onion, salt, dry mustard, pepper, sage, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Spoon into an ungreased standard 9-inch loaf pan.
- Bake uncovered for 60 to 75 minutes, or until a meat thermometer into the center reads 150F; remove from heat and drain.
- Combine blue cheese and mashed potatoes and spread on top.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and bake for an additional 10 minutes.