Recipe by bikerchick
These were a rich, wonderful addition to our Maple Vinegar Crispy Chicken #118864 dinner at Culinary Communion. They're even better the next day! Posted with permission.
Top Review by Cathy17
Can I give more than 5 stars? These are fabulous. I came looking for a recipe after having Blue Cheese Au Gratin at Wolfgang Puck's. These are darn close and so very easy. I made these for Xmas Dinner to accompany Prime Rib. Fabulous. Many compliments. I added lots of blue cheese and I was worried the taste would be too strong, but they were fab. Thanks so much, Biker Chick... these are amazing!
- 3 large russet potatoes, scrubbed well and very thinly sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; lightly butter or oil a 9"x13" baking pan.
- Rinse the potato slices in cold water then pat dry.
- You're going to make three layers of potato slices, cheese/cream, salt/pepper: layer 1/3 of the slices in the bottom of the prepared pan, then top with 1/3 of the cheese, cream, salt, and pepper.
- Repeat twice with remaining ingredients (except garnish).
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the top is browned and bubbling.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan, and serve hot.