Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have found a new love... blue cheese! I have been trying to find new ways to use it in recipes. Today I was watching hot of the grill with Bobby Flay and he made these beautiful cakes. Panko bread crumbs are Japanese bread crumbs. They help give a light crust to the cakes. This recipe is a great way to use leftover mashed potatoes! Hope you enjoy them!
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs, plus
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs, extra for coating
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled domestic blue cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- First, combine the potatoes, bread crumbs and blue cheese in a medium bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Next form the mixture into eight 2-inch cakes.
- Now chill the cakes in a single layer in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Then dredge the cakes lightly in more panko crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan over high heat.
- Turn the oil down a bit and cook the cakes until golden brown on both sides (approx 5-10 minutes depending on the heat of your pan).
Air, we have never met, but I am your Uncle Richie! I have a potholder hanging on my fridge that was lovingly made by your Emaw! Your mother is a dear person who always brightens my day! Enough gushin' about Riff! These cakes are a major tasty way to use leftover mashed taters! A simple recipe that yields YUM results!