From Denis Cotter of Cafe Paradiso. Adapted from the New Irish Table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2-1 3/4 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- boiling water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 4 ounces blue cheese, Cashel Blue preferred (about 1 cup)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 -1 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 -1 1/2 cup canola oil
- sour cream
- 1Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 12-15 minutes.
- 2Drain and mash.
- 3Melt butter in a small skillet over low heat.
- 4Cook chives and garlic for 1-2 minutes, or until soft.
- 5Stir into potatoes.
- 6Add nutmeg, salt, pepper, dill and parsley.
- 7Cool potatoes completely.
- 8Stir in cheese and egg yolk. The cheese should still be in lumps throughout the potatoes.
- 9Shape into 12 patties.
- 10Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- 11Beat eggs and milk together.
- 12Dip patties in flour, then in egg mixture, and finally in bread crumbs.
- 13Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 14Cook patties until browned, 3-5 minutes on each side.
- 15Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
- 16These can be made in advance and reheated for a few minutes in a 250°F oven.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Cheese Potato Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.1
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 58.5 mg
- Sodium 329.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 7.3 g