Recipe by evelyn/athens
For the holidays - this is a wonderful spread. You can make it up to 3 weeks before serving, but it'll never last 3 weeks! Good thing it's so fast and easy too.
- 1 lb gorgonzola or 1 lb Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup tawny port
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, blend together all ingredients except walnuts, until smooth. Taste and adjust quantity of port you want to use in your spread. I usually use the 1/3 cup.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Transfer to crocks or ramekins.
- Keeps, covered and chilled, for 3 weeks.