Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
For the holidays - this is a wonderful spread. You can make it up to 3 weeks before serving, but it'll never last 3 weeks! Good thing it's so fast and easy too.
- 1 lb gorgonzola or 1 lb Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup tawny port
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a food processor, blend together all ingredients except walnuts, until smooth. Taste and adjust quantity of port you want to use in your spread. I usually use the 1/3 cup.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Transfer to crocks or ramekins.
- Keeps, covered and chilled, for 3 weeks.
I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it.
Sensational! Probably good over anything, but especially so toasted on crumpets.
I made this for a family gathering last year. It was a big hit with everyone and I plan to make it again!