Recipe by Ameliahead
This is one of my favorite salads to throw together. The dressing can be used on almost any salad. I never measure when I'm making salad dressings, so the amounts are approximate.
Top Review by sasha v
I used the vinaigrette recipe on a three bean with red onion salad. The only thing I altered was I used a bit more mustard than stated in recipe. It was absolutely delicious. This is now my go to recipe for honey mustard vinaigrette and marinade. Thank you.
- 1 (6 ounce) bag butter lettuce (I like the kind with radicchio in it for color)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted (sometimes I use spicy candied pecans that I get from Trader Joe's)
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey (scant)
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Dressing: Whisk together garlic, mustard, honey, and pepper.
- Whisk in vinegar and then oil.
- Taste and add more mustard, honey, or other ingredients if necessary to your liking. Set aside.
- In a salad bowl, combine lettuce, pecans, blue cheese, and avocado.
- Add dressing and toss to combine.