Recipe by twissis
I love this recipe from the *Food With Friends* section of *Modern German Food* by Roz Denny. Why do I love this recipe? - Because I like all easy, make-ahead, impressive & versatile food fare that convinces your guests you have taken spec care to enhance their dining pleasure. This recipe is versatile because it works as a finger-food appy, garnish for or part of a luncheon salad plate & creative addition to the popular fruit & cheese combo for dessert theme. I will opt for the latter as they are very popular here in Iceland. *Enjoy* !
- 100 g blue cheese (blue brie with rind removed preferred)
- 1 tablespoon celery (finely chopped)
- 200 g cream cheese (softened)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chives (freshly snipped)
- 2 small pears
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- poppy seed (garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash cheese w/a fork in a bowl. Mix in the celery + black pepper, gradually beat in the cream cheese & fold in the chives. Chill in the fridge till required.
- Peel, quarter & core pears 20-30 min b4 serving. Cut crossways into slices & mix w/the lemon juice to stop them turning brown (I usually use my pastry brush for this).
- Fill 18 pre-baked mini-tartlet shells w/the cheese mixture, stand a pear piece on top & sprinkle lightly w/poppy seeds (if using).