Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 8 ounces pasta, dried
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons parsley, minced
- Cook pasta according to directions. Immediately rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Add cheese, walnuts, celery, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Gently toss with 2 forks until the ingredients are well mixed. Refrigerate until serving.
- You may need to add a little more mayonnaise if the salad seems dry.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and serve slightly chilled.
- Note; This pasta salad is best when made the day before it is to be served or at least several hours in advance, so that they flavor of the blue cheese has a chance to develop.
- Keep in the refrigerator.
It was very strong and can only be eaten in small amounts, but it has a great taste. I couldn't eat more than two bites though.
I wanted a quick and easy salad to make that tasted great. This salad fit the bill. I adored the larger quantity of walnuts. I made one change, using 1/2 mayo and 1/2 ranch dressing. Oh, and since I had fresh basil on hand I added some of that. And some chopped onion. And a little red and orange bell pepper. Great the way it's written and a great start for additions.