Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Rich and delicious! Use a good quality blue cheese, such as Maytag, if you can find it. Panko are Japanese bread crumbs and nowadays can be found in most large grocery stores, in the Asian sections. Recipe from a local cooking school, The Chopping Block
- 8 oysters, shucked, on the half shell
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs (bread crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon leaves, minced
- Loosen the oysters from the half shell for easier eating but leave them in their half shells.
- Heat the oven to 350°. Arrange the oysters on a baking sheet; set aside.
- Mix the garlic, blue cheese, bread crumbs, butter and tarragon in a small bowl; top oysters with the mixture, dividing evenly.
- Bake oysters until topping is bubbly and beginning to brown, about 12 minutes.