Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These delicious morsels hail from Better Homes and Gardens.
Filling for Tortillas
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large onions (Vidalia are good)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 3 ounces blue cheese
- 2 ounces grated monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 soft 6-inch tortillas
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 1 minced red bell pepper
- 1 diced papaya
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Heat two tablespoons of canola oil in a saute pan.
- Add onions, saute until caramelized and add the oregano.
- Transfer into a medium-size bowl and add the cheeses.
- Mix together, adding salt to taste.
- Let the mixture chill or become room temperature.
- Spoon an even amount of the mixture onto each tortilla.
- Heat remaining canola oil in pan, fold over each filled tortilla and place in pan.
- Saute tortillas until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
- Place fruit and vegetables in a bowl.
- Add the lime juice, sugar and and salt.
- Toss the mixture and chill.
- Serve atop the Blue-Cheese Onion Quesadillas.
- Yield: 4 servings.
I just made this for lunch. I only had mango, so that is what I used instead of papaya. These are tasty little quesadillas. Next time I would up the jalapeno. I made them open face.
Very good! I doubled the complete recipe, since we like extreme heat I use one jalapeno pepper, these are very rich and filling, we really enjoyed this recipe, thanks Sharon!...Kitten:)
These were tasty ~ I'm glad I tried them. I used whole wheat flour tortillas for half of them and white flour tortillas for the other 3. The whole wheat added a nice flavor and I'll go with them next time.