Recipe by Charlotte J
This omelet is filled with toasted walnuts and sliced apple along with the Blue Cheese. MIL loves Blue Cheese so I wanted to post this recipe. Yields one man size omelet or cut in half for two smaller appetites.
Top Review by BarbryT
What an incredible complex of flavors! I was a bit skeptical... the idea of a "sweet" omelet was not entirely appealing but this is a FANTASTIC combination!! And not sweet. I am soooooo glad I tried it. Thanks, Charlotte!
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 small sweet apple, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ounces good quality blue cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the walnuts in a preheated 300-degree oven for 15 minutes; set aside.
- In a heavy skillet over medium heat, saute the apple slices in 2 tablespoons of butter until they begin to brown.
- Remove from heat and reserve.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, salt, pepper and cinnamon.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a pan over medium-high heat.
- When butter begins to foam, tilt pan to cover entire surface.
- Quickly pour in the egg mixture and lift the edges of the omelet with a fork the moment the omelet begins to set, tilting the pan to allow the liquid egg to run under the omelet.
- Work all the way around the pan, tilting in all directions to ensure an even thickness.
- When only a little liquid egg remains on the surface of the omelet, distribute the cheese in a line down the center of the omelet.
- Top the cheese with the walnuts and apples.
- Using the fork, flip one-half of the omelet over the filling and slide the omelet out of the pan onto a warm plate.
- Allow the omelet to rest for about 2 minutes for the cheese to melt and the flavors to blend.