Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 lbs fresh mussels
- 2 cups julienned vegetables (leeks and/or celery and/or onions and/or carrots)
- 8 fluid ounces heavy cream
- 8 fluid ounces fish stock
- 10 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 4 fluid ounces white wine
- Combine all ingredients in a covered pot.
- Cook until all mussels open, then enjoy!
Blue Cheese does something fabulous to mussels. This was an easy and delicious Friday night meal. I served in with French Fries cooked in duck fat from my new Actifry 'deep fryer', some crusty bread for mopping up the sauce and some celery sticks stuffed with Boursin for a little crunch on the side. Thanks Mille