Recipe by echo echo
A tasty hors d'oeuvre. May be doubled or multiplied.
Top Review by FlemishMinx
These went down a treat with guests, and are attractive too! I particularly liked that I could make them in advance and pop in the oven just before I needed them. I used gorgonzola cheese and doubled the amount- neither my husband nor myself thought that the flavor of the cheese was all that apparent; would have liked more of it. Perhaps roquefort would be a better choice for us. Thanks for posting!
- 12 -14 large whole mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese (1 oz)
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove and chop the mushroom stems.
- Cook the stems with the onions in butter until tender and brown.
- Mix together the 2 Tbs bread crumbs, cheese, salt and pepper; stir in the stems and onions.
- Fill the mushroom crowns with the mixture.
- Sprinkle all with the 3 Tbs crumbs.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350° 12 minutes.