Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A tasty hors d'oeuvre. May be doubled or multiplied.
Make and share this Blue Cheese Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- Remove and chop the mushroom stems.
- Cook the stems with the onions in butter until tender and brown.
- Mix together the 2 Tbs bread crumbs, cheese, salt and pepper; stir in the stems and onions.
- Fill the mushroom crowns with the mixture.
- Sprinkle all with the 3 Tbs crumbs.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350° 12 minutes.
These went down a treat with guests, and are attractive too! I particularly liked that I could make them in advance and pop in the oven just before I needed them. I used gorgonzola cheese and doubled the amount- neither my husband nor myself thought that the flavor of the cheese was all that apparent; would have liked more of it. Perhaps roquefort would be a better choice for us. Thanks for posting!
This is a yummy & versatile recipe that worked great as a side dish for marinated pork tenderloin & parslied potatoes w/garlic. The menu had a bit of a blue cheese theme going on w/2 other recipes, so it worked very well & replaced a veggie I was fretting over. Guests were being shy & taking 1 at a time, so the serving platter was whizzing around the table at warp speed. While I used the recipe as a side dish, I esp like that it can be made ahead & used as a finger-food appy or a starter course. These dandy mushrooms will have encores at our table, so thx for posting the recipe for us. :-)
I made this as an appetizer for a party. I thought the flavor was a bit bland. If I make it again, I would definately use a much stronger tasting cheese.