Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My family loves blue cheese - my husband will even eat it right from the container! One night, I was looking for a new way to use ground beef and this is what I came up with. It's now our favorite winter comfort food. We like to serve it with Parmesan Cous Cous.
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- blue cheese dressing
- Combine 1 cup bread crumbs and 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese.
- Add ground beef, egg, onion, salt and pepper.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Shape into a round loaf.
- With a spoon, make a crater-like depression in top of loaf.
- Fill depression with Blue Cheese Dressing.
- If desired, sprinkle more crumbled blue cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
I have always hated (yes, Hated) meat loaf. Boring, mushy and what's w/that ketchup?
Trying to save a buck and loving Blue Cheese, I stumbled upon this recipe. WOW!! It's soooo delicious, easy to make and inexpensive. I have made it 3 times already and each time I just add a bit more blue cheese! It is fantastic with a small salad and hot crusty bread!
Subbed parmesean for 3/4 of the breadcrumbs doubled the bleu cheese topped with bacon strips. I only baked it for 40 minutes and then broiled for about 7 to crisp the bacon delish the kids loved it. It wasn't as bleu cheesey and I expected and was more creamy.
This is a great meatloaf but the second time I made it I added the dressing 10 minutes before it was done and it was better:)