Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is a holiday MUST! My mom has been making this for several years now, and it is TO DIE FOR! It's from Sept. 2000 Southern Living. The recipe makes 4 logs, so you almost have to serve 2 at a time...THEY ARE THAT GOOD! Then you can have 2 in the freezer for unexpected guests! Enjoy!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese (get a block and cut it up into small pieces)
- 2 (4 ounce) packages blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, toasted and finely chopped, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh parsley, finely chopped, divided
- Place first 6 ingredients in food processor. Pulse 1-2 minutes. Scraping down sides twice.
- Mix together cheese mixture, 1 cup of pecans and 1/2 cup parsley. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Shape cheese mixture into 4 7"long logs using saran wrap or wax paper.
- Combine remaining pecans and parsley on work space. Roll logs in pecan parsley mixture. Cover and chill. Serve with crackers!