Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is a holiday MUST! My mom has been making this for several years now, and it is TO DIE FOR! It's from Sept. 2000 Southern Living. The recipe makes 4 logs, so you almost have to serve 2 at a time...THEY ARE THAT GOOD! Then you can have 2 in the freezer for unexpected guests! Enjoy!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese (get a block and cut it up into small pieces)
- 2 (4 ounce) packages blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, toasted and finely chopped, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh parsley, finely chopped, divided
- Place first 6 ingredients in food processor. Pulse 1-2 minutes. Scraping down sides twice.
- Mix together cheese mixture, 1 cup of pecans and 1/2 cup parsley. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Shape cheese mixture into 4 7"long logs using saran wrap or wax paper.
- Combine remaining pecans and parsley on work space. Roll logs in pecan parsley mixture. Cover and chill. Serve with crackers!
AWESOME!!! Made this for pre Christmas appetizer at work, and what a hit! Thanks for a fabulous recipe!
So so good! Reminds me of my gran's cheese logs, with the exception that she used chopped walnuts and toasted the last 1/2 before she rolled the logs in them. GREAT recipe thanks for sharing will have a new cheese for the holidays!!