Recipe by Manami
This is perfect for the Christmas & New Year's Season. Cheese logs can be prepared ahead & frozen. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and voila you have a wonderful appetizer, already made! This is originally from Southern Living, March 2004. However, I took the liberty to make some changes, for the good, I hope.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces Cracker Barrel sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 2 (4 ounce) packages blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 small onion, grated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 2 cups pecans, finely chopped, toasted, divided
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh parsley, divided
- rye cocktail bread or pumpernickel cocktail bread or cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Process cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, blue cheese, grated onion, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper & brandy in a food processor 1-2 minutes until combined, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Stir together cheese mixture, 1 cup pecans and 1/2 cup parsley.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Shape cheese mixture into 4 (7-inch) logs.
- Combine remaining 1 cup of pecans and 1-1/2 cups parsley.
- Roll logs in parsley mixture; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with cocktail breads or crackers.