1 hr 5 mins
Kate in Katoomba's Note:
Really yummy and the combination of flavours with the salsa is a winner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 white onion
- 1/2 leek, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 g ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 sourdough bread roll, without crust
- 150 g blue cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- 2To make the pastry- mix the flour and butter.
- 3Add th egg, water and salt.
- 4Knead to a dough and rest in a cool place.
- 5To make the filling- saute the onion, leek and garlic lightly in olive oil and allow to cool.
- 6Combine the chicken mince, egg, herbs and cream, salt and pepper and bread in a food processor and blend.
- 7Add to the leek mixture.
- 8Cut cheese into small cubes and add to the mixture.
- 9Mix well.
- 10Roll out the pastry and line a 6 hole muffin tray.
- 11Fill with the mixture and re-roll the remaining pastry to fit on the top.
- 12Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- 13To make the salsa- dip tomatoes in boiling water for 2 seconds.
- 14Peel away skin and blend 2 tomatoes.
- 15Chop the remaining ones into cubes.
- 16Place in a saucepan, over a moderate heat with the blended tomatoes.
- 17Add vinegar and oil.
- 18Serve alongside the little pies.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Cheese, Leek & Chicken Pie With Tomato Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 593.4
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 148.2 mg
- Sodium 569.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 21.8 g